[Gnewsense-dev] Re: mirror gnewsense-mipsel-l

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: mirror gnewsense-mipsel-l
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:22:37 -0500

avr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> advanced notification for mirror-operators of significant changes in the
> size of the repositories would be much appreciated.
>
> Is gnewsense-mipsel-l an official repository now that needs to be carried by
> mirrors?
>
>       friendly,
>       Andreas
>       http://mirror.softwarelibre.nl/gnewsense

Ah, sorry. We discussed on #gnewsense-dev but the mirror issue didn't
come up.

Perhaps we should move to a more granular setup where we explicitly
include directories under archive instead of just mirror the whole
archive everywhere?

(I'm writing this on public transit so please excuse the vagueness of
this mail w.r.t. technical specifics of the current setup :-)

Advantages:
* People could mirror only the versions they want/need
* Would require admin of main archive to explicitly add new stanza to
/etc/rsyncd.conf; that file could then have a comment on the procedure
to follow after adding a new stanza (eg email gnewsense-dev saying there
is a new gnewsense version mirror maintainers may want to add to their
mirrors, that is about X big).

Thoughts?

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny