Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gns on yeeloong with gnome running

From: s . boutayeb
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gns on yeeloong with gnome running
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 19:28:14 +0100

Quoting Richard M Stallman <address@hidden>:

>     The stock xorg [1], binutils and gcc work fine.  Should we worry about
> the
>     optimizations?
>
> If they do not introduce any bugs, then yes we should, if it is
> feasible.  All users will benefit from them.

BTW, one issue I have noticed with the netboot install (both from Robert Millan
[1] and from dev.lemote.com [2]) is the non working xserver.org. My workaround
was to post-install the latest siliconmotion [3].

[1] http://aybabtu.com/rmh/gnewsense/netboot/
[2]
http://dev.lemote.com/debian-loongson/pool/main/d/debian-installer/debian-installer-images_20080522_mipsel.tar.gz
[3]
http://dev.lemote.com/debian-loongson/pool/main/x/xserver/xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion_2.2.8-lemote.r03_mipsel.deb

For the record, another issue noticed with the netboot install from
dev.lemote.com was the lack of a kernel image from the installation process.
I had to boot the lemote install from another "spare" kernel image.