[Gnewsense-dev] Re: link in Lemote wiki

From: s . boutayeb
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: link in Lemote wiki
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:53:34 +0100

Hi all,

My suggestion is to listen to D--, the author of this page, who is certainly the
most capable to explain his intentions. As far as I have understod his page, the
reader has the choice (i.e. the freedom) to add the one or the other line to his
source.list.
Personnaly, I have added first the line with "main contrib", then I added the
"non-free" segment in order to test the "linux-extramodules-2.6.27.1-medan". It
showed me that/how the battery monitor worked. Those extramodules give
consequently extra-functionalities and this may be an indication of the
possibility to add later this feature in "main" too, returning back to a full
free repository.
To sum it up: testing supposedly "non-free" stuff, with the aim of improving
features, is one thing, endorsing another thing.

Hoping to clarify things

Best regards

Samy