Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gen-livecd failure

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gen-livecd failure
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:55:39 +0930

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:03:12 +0200
Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:

As you read through, the reason the bugs I reference weren't there
before is I only filed them today. I've known about them, but not been
bothered (as they were only affecting me)

> Hi!  I've successfully built a distribution using do-update on a
> machine running gnewsense 2.2.  No additional packages were needed
> beyond those mentioned under 'Step 3' on
> <http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/HowToCreateYourOwnGNULinuxDistribution>
> so the instructions seems fine to me.

Glad to hear. They do need lots of updating, as the last time i fixed
them was probaby > 40 code commits ago.

Theres a bug about this at http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00274

> However, using gen-livecd fails, see output below.  Any ideas?  There

This is bug http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00275
The META_*  namespace used to have a mix of hard coded gnewsense and
${DISTRONAME_L}. We (well, I) decided to change them all to
${DISTRONAME_L}. Since the custom packages are stored in
packages/deltah/ and are all hard coded to *gnewsense* by changing from
'gnewsense' as $DISTRONAME_L without renaming those dirs you lack
distro specific branding, and the cd wont build.
This is just my understanding, I havent tested this heavily to confirm.

> is no package gnonsense-desktop package as far as I can tell.  Btw, my
> distribution is called 'gNonSense'.  Two gnonsense packages appears to
> have been built by do-update:

Its because your distro isn't called 'gnewsense' (see above)

> address@hidden:/scratch/gnonsense/builder#
> echo /scratch/gnonsense/gnonsense/pool/main/g/gnonsense-*
> /scratch/gnonsense/gnonsense/pool/main/g/gnonsense-artwork
> /scratch/gnonsense/gnonsense/pool/main/g/gnonsense-meta
> address@hidden:/scratch/gnonsense/builder#

I'd suggest `ls -lh` or find ;)

> Thanks,
> Simon