[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Savannah project announcement

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Savannah project announcement
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:41:44 -0400

Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:53:40 +0200
> Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Karl Goetz schreef:
>>> I'm planning to ask the Savannah hackers if its possible to get our
>>> bugs/tickets exported from Savannah somehow, and if it is I'll
>>> initiate a project to move our bugs into Savannah. (The theory
>>> being if Savannah goes MIA and we have our bugs we can maintain
>>> ourselves for a while).
>> Any reason for this paranoia? Savannah is pretty stable, isn't it?
>
> I don't want the project to be sans BTS for two weeks, or to lose 2
> months of bugtracking history[1].
>
>> Will all our bug reports be moved, or just the open or interesting
>> ones?
>>

> I'd like everything moved, but it relies on me finding someone who can
> script reading our existing bts data files (eg, pmwiki backend) and
> outputting in <format> supported by Savannah for import.
>
> [1] Yes, I'm aware this is unlike to happen again...

I'm pretty sure in the end this was limited to more like 2-3 days; if
there was a project that lost 2 months I'd like to know which project
that was to fix that problem...

If there isn't already we/I should nudge the savannah hackers to allow
project owners to easily get backup copies of their data; just because
you have a project hosted somewhere doesn't mean it doesn't make sense
to also have your own local copy :)

Man I need to find time to work on code.autonomo.us again...

Cheers, (and back from a week of illness),
-Danny