[Gnewsense-dev] [KFV] no licence for shannon.h

From: crap0101
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] [KFV] no licence for shannon.h
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:32:39 +0200

Hi.
I found a file without reference or licence notice. More info [1]
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-linux-2-6-24-12-22--include--asm-arm--arch-sa1100--shannon-h

and opened a bug:
http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00352

what do ypu think about? I can't find any info about the owner of that
code.

Thanks,
m.

[1]
p.s.
I've mailed the author:

I would to ask you some info about arcshannon.c.
In the Linux kernel tree there's a file (shannon.h, located
in /include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100) which is written by you.
I see the code has been taken from comp.os.inferno; reading that thread,
that code seem to come from arcshannon.c. Unfortunatly i've not found
any reference about that, apart from the tuxscreen website
(http://tuxscreen.net/download/howdidthisgethere/README.txt) where the
writer stated to don't known who owned this code and rise some doubts
about the distribution due its licence.

So, i'm writing You in hope to get more info to clarify the matter.
Thanks

regards, Marco

--
me -> http://crap0101.gnu-darwin.org