Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GNU project preference?

From: rmh
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GNU project preference?
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:18:21 +0200

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 06:30:55PM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:47:28 +0200
> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Some of the default tools in gNewSense are non-GNU projects, even
> > though a GNU-project exists that implements the same tool.  Wouldn't
> > it be nice if gNewSense preferred the GNU tools when possible?

Fully agree.

> provide a patch to the relevant tasks, made against metad.

Not all of these are handled in tasks.  There's also the Priority
overrides, which I'd like to commit in bzr ASAP.

Did you get around to initializing the repository?

The mawk/gawk I already tried, but it appears to make deboostrap
fail.  Someone should investigate this before we can change it
again.

--
Robert Millan