Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Linux-libre 2.6.30.9

From: Wu Zhangjin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Linux-libre 2.6.30.9
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:24:26 +0800

Hi,

[...]
> > - When you press Fn + F2 now, the screen actually shuts off. Before it
> > seemed as if it just blackened it and put the brightness on lowest point.
> >

> Yup, this is a known problem, I only found it when with the new EC
> version(such as PQ1D26, please check the version via
> "cat /proc/cmdline"). I have tried to resume the brightness in the
> kernel when resuming from Fn + F2, but it not works. So, perhaps EC does
> some BAD jobs there, will check it later and will try to fix it in
> kernel space.

Seems the latest EC shut the backlight off when Fn + F2 is pressed, and
if we do it in kernel again, it fails to resume the original brightness,
even if I save/restore the original brightness manually.

(This is exactly an interface problem between EC and Kernel)

Just "fixed" it via avoiding shutting the backlight off again in kernel.
but Fn + F2 will not work for the users who are using the old ECs.

Regards,
        Wu Zhangjin