[Gnewsense-dev] FAQ update: gNewSense 3.0

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] FAQ update: gNewSense 3.0
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:47:41 +0100

Here's an update proposal for the last question in the FAQ [1]:

Q:
Will gNewSense 3.0 be based on Debian instead of Ubuntu, and why?

A:
Yes, because:
* Debian separates free and non-free software better, so it's easier to make a fully free derivative out of it,
* Debian supports the architectures we want to support (e.g. MIPS),
* it suits our infrastructure better (easier development).

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/index.php?n=FAQ.FAQ#toc13