Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Secure VoIP calling - adoped by Fedora and Ubunt

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Secure VoIP calling - adoped by Fedora and Ubuntu GNU/Linux
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:48:18 +0100

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 01:12:37PM -0500, David Sugar wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I have put together a Debian archive containing both source and test binary
> packages for GNU SIP Witch (and the ucommon dependency library) for both
> gNewSense and Trisquel at http://www.gnutelephony.org/archive.

Hi David,

Are these packages merged (or in the process of being merged) into debian
and/or ubuntu?  It's not a stopper for us to include them in metad, but it
certainly makes our life a lot easier.

Also, how does GNU Telephony compare to Ekiga in terms of maturity,
completeness, etc?  When discussing this with Graziano and others, I got
the impression that Ekiga was the best option around to be used as Skype
replacement, but I really have no idea myself.

I'm just trying to determine which actions (or combination of them) need to
be performed for metad:

  - Backport Ekiga to metad.
  - Add GNU Telephony packages.
  - Add GNU Telephony to default desktop selection (in addition to Ekiga).
  - Replace Ekiga with GNU Telephony in default desktop selection.

--
Robert Millan