[Gnewsense-dev] installation of Yeeloong failed (resolved)

From: samy boutayeb
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] installation of Yeeloong failed (resolved)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:40:12 +0100

Hi,

I reported a few days ago an issue with the installation of gns on the
yeeloong laptop.

The syslog file ended with following line:
Dec 19 09:32:13 debootstrap: EA: /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/metad
Dec 19 09:32:13 debootstrap: EF: No such script: %s

My workaround: I copied the /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/lenny file
to /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/metad.

This said, I experimended that the system hangs randomly at different
stages of the installation procedure.

My workaround: to open the disk tray, in order to coold down the hard
disk.

Regards,

Samy