Re: [Gnewsense-dev] IP address reinitialised

From: samy boutayeb
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] IP address reinitialised
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:07:19 +0100

Hi Sam,

Le dimanche 27 décembre 2009 à 14:40 +0100, Sam Geeraerts a écrit :
> samy boutayeb schreef:
> > It works (that is the IP address assigned by the DHCP server is
> > activated, (I assume at runlevel 2). I can ping the Yeeloong, but only
> > until the gdm manager get launched. Then, the IP address get changed to
> > 169.254.57.xxx.
>
> Try reconnecting by clicking the NetworkManager icon.

I confirm that this action reactivates the correct ip address from the
dhcp server. Good point!

> This should be
> better once we get version 0.7.1 in our repo again. Alternatively you
> could add the repo Danny's set up:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2009-12/msg00194.html

Done! I confirm that upgrading network-manager (to 0.7.1-1~bpo50+1) and
network-manager-gnome (to 0.7.1-1~bpo50+1) makes the user-experience
much more better, both for the wired connection (automatically assigned)
and the wireless one (I can activate the wlan0 interface and get a
correct route from an access point with WPA, resulting in a functional
wifi connection. Nice to have wireless again ;-)

Thank you again!

Samy