Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gns mipsel pidgin broken during update

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gns mipsel pidgin broken during update
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:48:32 +1030

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:12:59 +1030
Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:13:55 +0100
> Graziano <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > gNewSense metad mipsel on the Lemote Yeeloong.
> >
> > aptitude update
> > aptitude dist-upgrade
> >
> > the following packages are BROKEN:
> >   libpurple0 pidgin
>
> > the following packages will be updated:
> >   pidgin-data
> >
> > the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >
> >   libpurple0: depends on pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.5-2~bpo50+1
> > is going to be installed.
> >
> >   pidgin: depends on: pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.5-2~bpo50+1 is
> > going to be installed.

Having looked at it again, I'm a bit confused by this. All three
binary packages come from the same source package. Unless the mirror
has only picked up -data and not libpurple0/pidgin, this seems like a
very strange situation.

> > The following actions will allow to meet those dependencies:
> >
> > Remove these packages:
> >
> > libpurple0
> > pidgin
> >
> > Leave those dependencies unmet:
> > gnome recommends empathy | pidgin
> > Score is -372

Please include 'aptitude why pidgin-data` when you file the bug
report.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)