Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware

From: Lars Nooden
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:58:59 +0200

Thanks.

Karl Goetz wrote:
> Yes. Once you have gNS ppc bootstrapped you can in-place upgrade from
> lenny to metad.
>
> Short version:
> - install debian
> - make yourself a debian mirror (might be optional, but 'its just
> easier') using debmirror

debmirror, once the keys are set up in the right directories and with
the right value in $GNUPGHOME, works well with rsync.  ( An unfortunate
surprise is that mount and parted on lenny-ppc don't appear to work with
gpt partition tables. That's easy enough to work-around at this stage.   )

> - install bzr 2+ (from debian backports)

ok

> - branch metad/ and /process-package-lists/ from our bzr repo

> - read the doco

Could you post some specific URLs?  I have found some material, like for
the mirrors, but would like to see which ones you mean so that I have a
baseline.

> and come rage at me on irc for it being so crap :)

Nah.  1) too lazy to use irc. 2) if there is anything at all already
written, then that's a good start.

> - ask me or Robert to sync in Debian ppc into our mirrors.

Regards
/Lars