Re: [Gnewsense-dev] metad testing repo and gpl ghostscript

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] metad testing repo and gpl ghostscript
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:13:35 +0930

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 21:54:54 -0400
Kete <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, is there anything I can do to help build a gNS 3 repo based on
> Debian testing? It's not an unstable repo, and I'd like to get new
> features as they come out but still use gNS.

hm,
Do you code python or c?
And or are you familiar with ubuntu's merge tools and processes?

> Also, if y'all use GPL Ghostscript, then you'll probably want to
> switch to GNU Ghostscript because somehow, even though it's GPL, it

Switch to it instead of what?

> uses restrictive Adobe files for fonts, and I know Debian uses it b/c

Does it, or does it strip them out? (Or are these the files that were
previously proprietary and then freed?)

> it's on my box. Libre Planet has a whole page of packages like this
> at
> http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines

YOu may not have noticed, but a large portion of that list comes from
gNS (infact i think we have more things which are yet to be added, care
to update it? :))
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)