[Gnewsense-dev] IceCat 3.6.13 package: lintian warnings

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] IceCat 3.6.13 package: lintian warnings
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:03:06 +0100

Dear gNewSense developers,

I have packaged IceCat 3.6.13 for gNewSense metad MIPS version (I plan to use
my work on the 3.6.15). It works well but I have still warnings from Lintian:

    W: icecat: extra-license-file [...]
    [...]
    W: icecat: image-file-in-usr-lib [...]
    [...]
    W: icecat: new-package-should-close-itp-bug

The complete list of Lintian's warnings is attached.

In particular, in Iceweasel, Debian fixed the "image-file-in-usr-lib" warnings
the following way:

    mv /usr/lib/iceweasel/myfile /usr/share/iceweasel/myfile
    ln -s /usr/share/iceweasel/myfile /usr/lib/iceweasel/myfile

I find it a bit senseless to do such a thing to satisfy lintian. So I want to
know if it is necessary to fix all those warnings before including this package
in gNewSense.

Christophe