Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver: _do2, print, length

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver: _do2, print, length
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:56:39 +1100

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:57:37 +0300
Stayvoid <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl,
>
> >4.8 is in backports (should be at least).
> I've never used backports. There is a Debian howto, but I don't think
> it's the one I'm looking for.
> Could you tell me how to use backports on a gns system?

IIRC you can download the deb from debian [1] and install it 'as is'.
ttbomk reprepro has no freedom issues, so we can use it without changes.

If it requires updated dependencies you'll need to install them as well
(careful not to install something which needs cleaning :))

[1]
http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports/pool/main/r/reprepro/reprepro_4.8.1-1~bpo60+1_i386.deb

thanks,
kk