Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [Bug: #37917] Add gNewSense distribution names to li

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [Bug: #37917] Add gNewSense distribution names to lintian
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 21:19:51 +0100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 07:33:22PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> You're patching them faster than I can post them. :)

I have to think about it in the context of quantum mechanics ;)

> Functionally it looks great. Just a few comments.
>
> I wonder why you chose $gnewsense_dists_regex instead of
> $gnewsense_dists. I think it makes more sense to use similar names as
> for the Ubuntu code.
>
> Using quilt makes sense in theory, but then we need to rename the
> tarball to lintian_2.4.3+squeeze1.orig.tar.gz and dpkg-source doesn't
> like that. So far we've kept native packages as native, with a version
> postfix of gnewsense1 like other packages.

I just don't know what I was thinking about while working on this
package. You're absolutely right - $gnewsense_dists is much better
name (and doesn't need a lot of typing ;)). I had some plan with
longer names (changing ubuntu_regex to ubuntu_dists_regex) but totally
forgot about it. Sticking to short names is better anyway.

Speaking of quilt - using it was simply stupid. I haven't changed
soures format even. Have to check my tea ;)

Anyway, here is corrected version of lintian:
http://cyfr0n.c0.pl/gns/parkes/lintian_2.4.3+squeeze1+gnewsense1.dsc
Could you download it again? Is this approach better?

--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) go2.pl