Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Fixed Siliconmotion driver

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Fixed Siliconmotion driver
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:04:04 +0100

Op Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:11:15 +0100
schreef Marek Buras <address@hidden>:
> What do you think about placing a file, let's say
> 10-video-siliconmotion.conf, in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d with the
> content below:
> (snip)

I thought there would be some debconf (or other Debianesque) way of
doing it, but didn't find any concrete information about it. So, yes,
dh_install-ing it into place is the way to go.

> This file would be available only on mips flavour of gNewSense.
> However, it may cause problems on different systems using this
> driver, but with other display than this Lemote machine. Maybe
> putting it in /usr/doc/... with coresponding README file is better
> idea?

Installing the file straightaway will please the majority of gNewSense
users owning a mipsel machine with Siliconmotion graphics. If this
makes anyone unhappy, then I hope they will report a bug and we'll pull
some tricks to work around it.