Re: [Gnewsense-dev] task #12794: List differences between Debian and gNe

From: rsiddharth
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] task #12794: List differences between Debian and gNewSense
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 07:24:12 +0000

> > I've attached the patch. See if it works. Thanks.
>
> Thanks. I thought you'd make it so that one patch would enable
> overrider.py to dynamically get a package list and that the other patch
> would modify the code and configuration file to the new format...

I'm confused now.

The new _get_src_pkgs function in override.py, which dynamically loads
the packages, parses the new yaml format. Samgee, can you tell me
exactly which changes should go in patch-1 and patch-2? I'll send a
new set of patches.

> I'm missing the entries for ruby-opengl (commented) and gtkmm-2.4 in
> the filter file. Could you check your changes to parkes.yaml again?

I'll add gtkmm-2.4 to the new parkes.yaml. But ruby-opengl is not
listed in the present version of parkes.yaml, under which category
should I add it to in the new parkes.yaml file?

These packages are not in the present parkes.yaml, but are listed in
the _src_pkgs list in _get_src_pkgs function in the present version of
override.py:

* apt-setup - Modified
* desktop-base-marek - Unknown
* galaxia - Added
* gnewsense-archive-keyring - Added
* linux-2.6-loongson - Unknown
* python-apt - Modified
* xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion - Modified
* yeeloong-base: Modified

Should I add these packages to new parkes.yaml?

Thanks a ton!
--
rsiddharth
<http://rsiddharth.ninth.su/contact.html>