Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Fwd: gnewsense 4.0 Display issue

From: Nandakumar Edamana
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Fwd: gnewsense 4.0 Display issue
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 04:26:06 +0530

He said it was at the boot time of the Live CD. Instead of booting and
entering a GUI, it showed this error message. He also tried startx.
Summing up, the X Server (am I correct?) fails to present graphics
because as it says "there was one error: could not insert 'nouveau' no
such device".

Here is his complete messages:

Hi,
I downloaded gnewsense 4.0 live cd. it booted but no gui.

i have VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce
6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2)

what to do to make it working?

- jagadees

yes
i tried to run startx. same issue. In the log it says squashfs error.
i will try to create a new live usb and will update you later.
- jagadees

same issue. no clue.
does it has something to do with display driver?