[Gnewsense-dev] Migrating Builder from Ubuntu to Debian Jessie

From: Rhys McBurnie
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Migrating Builder from Ubuntu to Debian Jessie
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 19:35:53 +1100

Hi all,

I've spent the last few weeks looking at the Builder source code (thank
you all for your hard work), and I have realised a big issue we have to
deal with immediately.

Builder relies on metapackages created for Ubuntu that do not exist in
Debian. The first metapackage I am having issues with is ubuntu-minimal,
which defines the packages necessary for a minimal Ubuntu install.
Debian has no corresponding metapackage, instead all packages listed as
"important" or "critical" form the basis of a minimal Debian install.

So my question is, how does gNewSense follow? Do we create a metapackage
denoting the necessary packages for a basic install, as Ubuntu does, or
follow Debian and hard code the packages into the installer?

Please answer,

sir123