gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] [Artwork] Is Creative Commons Attribution Share-Al

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [Artwork] Is Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license acceptable for Official gNewSense Artwork?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:36:37 +0000

Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dave Crossland wrote:
> > On 12/11/06, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> RMS says no CC licences are GPL compatible (which is hoped to change
> >> with CC3),
> > Do you have any references for this? :-)
>
> I'm trying to find it (no longer in my bookmarks :|)
> i cant find my original link, or anything authoritative atm, but if i
> spot it again I'll try to remember to email it.[2]

<URL:http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10771>
Richard Stallman on P2P

  "I no longer endorse Creative Commons. I cannot endorse Creative
  Commons as a whole, because some of its licenses are unacceptable.
  It would be self-delusion to try to endorse just some of the
  Creative Commons licenses, because people lump them together; they
  will misconstrue any endorsement of some as a blanket endorsement of
  all. I therefore find myself constrained to reject Creative Commons
  entirely."

Nothing about GPL-compatibility there, but I'd expect CC's TPM-ban
would be an additional restriction and therefore GPL-incompatible.

Hope that helps,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble