gnewsense-users

[gNewSense-users] audio to video lag while watching avi file with VLC

From: andrei raevsky
Subject: [gNewSense-users] audio to video lag while watching avi file with VLC
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:51:10 -0400

Dear friends,

I am using VLC to watch various downloads and often there seems to be a lag between the video and the audio, the latter coming about 1sec after the video.  While certainly not bleeding edge, my computer is not a totally antiquated one either: a Intel Pentium III (Coppermine) 1GB proc, 512MB RAM, plenty of HD space.

Does anyone know what causes such a lag and how I could fix it?

Thanks,

Andrei