gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] gobuntu or gnewsense?

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gobuntu or gnewsense?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:06:18 +0100

On 26/07/07, Chris Andrew <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for your clarification.  I didn't realise that Gobuntu encouraged the
> use of other non-free software, although I did download it and it seemed to
> be just another standard Ubuntu image.

To be clear; in and of itself, Gobuntu won't include or encourage any
proprietary software, but by recommending Gobuntu to users not
familiar with these issues, one would be endorsing Ubuntu and
Canonical's unfortunate proprietary interests.

Helping the development of Gobuntu is useful because it will benefit
gNewSense in the near term.

> I shall continue to try to lead on the gNS package freedom stuff, and keep
> an eye on the gobuntu development.

:-)

--
Regards,