gnewsense-users

[gNewSense-users] Bug and Free package stats update

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Bug and Free package stats update
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:54:08 +0100

Hi, all.

It's that time again!

Things are looking good on the bug stats.  We've managed to close 2
bugs, since last week.  Well done, guys!

We have a new feature (not like an M$ undocumented feature (bug)!)
this week.  Stats are now being gathered so that we can monitor how
well the package freedom verification  (PFV) is going.

I am pleased to report that out of the 52 package sections in MAIN, 22
of them have been certified 100% free.  Some other sections are being
worked on, but unfortunately the information on some sections was
sparse and therefore difficult to collect.

It's great that we are heading towards 50% of MAIN being free, but we
have a way to go, yet.  Can I urge all PFV's to ensure that the
formatting on the package page is checked, so that it is easier for
Lee (thank you) or I to compile the stats.

BOTTOM LINE: Things are heading the right way, but we always welcome
new PFV checkers.  Some of the sections haven't been maintained for a
while, and unfortunately these will have to be re-allocated so that
gNS can achieve the goal of squashing Bug 0001.

Let me know if you can offer any help.

Well done!

Cheers,

Chris.