gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV licence issue

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV licence issue
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:56:48 +1030

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 22:17 -0600, Luis Alberto Guzman wrote:
> Hi.
> I wanted to finish and complete the sections that i took, but i found
> have found some issues.
>
> Some of the code say: as an example
> (c) 1996-8 Grant R. Guenther <address@hidden> Under the terms of the
> GNU General Public License
>
> In this cases i wrote to each developer that i found this problem, i was
> waiting their answer but only one answered me. Saying that the previous
> developer can or should say which version should it be.

If there is no version specified, we can use it under any version we
like (see GPL2, section 9).

> That is the better case, the others i found is that they have no licence
> at all. And not even the copyright developer so i couldn't ask them
> about the licence.

This is slightly tricker - someone from this list emailed the fsf (in
the last few months) with a similar problem. i suggest you look in the
list archive for what happened.
kk

--
Karl Goetz <address@hidden>