gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] AMD64 version of gNewSense?

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] AMD64 version of gNewSense?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:31:49 +0000

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Kevin Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
Lemme ask the "big" question...

What exactly is involved in making a 64 bit port? Would it be
sufficient to run builder on a 64-bit Hardy machine?

If you only wanted 64bit, pretty much. However, for it to be in the same
repository as i386 and work seamlessly you'd need to change Builder.
You'd have to update the src package (and then build i386) and then build
amd64.

Brian

How would this be maintained?