gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] No GUI for install

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] No GUI for install
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 19:32:24 +0000

nathan maier wrote:
Hi,
     I am psyched to venture forth with gNewSense.  I have been using
FreeBSD for a couple years.
     I have downloaded the livecd file and booted from the cd.  I read that
this is all needed for install.  I get no install, and casper.log says
livefs not on media.  I have a partition I left open just for opportunities
like gNewSense.

md5sum your download first

if that is wrong - you get to download again

if it is right then perhaps noting the proc type and amount of ram might help

P.