gnewsense-users

Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 7 ( [gNewSense-users] Tomboy/N

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 7 ( [gNewSense-users] Tomboy/Netbeans/jdk )
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 11:27:59 +0200

R.Siddharth schreef:
Thank you Lars Nooden  and Ice Cube . I feel Netbeans is a heavy weight
app though it provides me with good features ( like compile on save ) ,
I would know if there are any light weight application which can do the
job ( compile and run java code ) .

I think most regular editors (e.g. Gedit, SciTE) can run a compiler when properly configured.

Lars , I would like to try Gnote once I install gNS . I have quiet a lot
of information put in Tomboy app , Is Tomboy files compatible with
Gnote ? or should I do some porting work ? .

From the website [1]: "The file format is the same as Tomboy's Note Format". You can already install and run Gnote with the live CD to try it out.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Gnote