gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem with Trash

From: aurele
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem with Trash
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:27:51 +0200

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 13:58 +1200, Timothy Musson wrote:
> 2009/9/23 Nicolas Hussein <address@hidden>:
> > I have a problem with the Trash folder.
> > When I click on the icon in the task bar (bottom right), the Trash folder
> > doesn't open.
> > I have to open Nautilus, and click on the Trash in the left column.
>
> I'd try removing the trash applet (via the icon's right-click menu),
> then adding a new one (via the panel's right-click menu).
>
> Does that fix it?

You can manually verify what's up in your Trash.

cd .local/share/Trash

                # have a look to the info & files folder

ls -a           # this command is to see all files

rm -R *         # this command is to removing all files
                # pay attention to be in the right folder
                # for some files you will need to use sudo

-- aurele