gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] further inane comments by me (or if you were offen

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] further inane comments by me (or if you were offended then this might help some)
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 07:10:40 +0000

Karl Goetz wrote:

This could mean people finding time to contribute...
kk

someone will make time to contribute but

The problem has to be fixed upstream or done in such a way as to make gns-devs comfortable, it has to be maintained. It is not like you are doing a fix to postgresql or gnu tools, where the code goes into a tree and will be maintained. Usually our problems arise from the freedom advocacy aspect of our software.

Any solution which does not take into account this aspect of the work is doomed to fail next upgrade.

So really this becomes a, if you are interested find the time to submit bugs upstream where they exist. Find the time to help more at that level, filing bugs is a skill in itself, after that find the time to do more and learn a little more eventually you find yourself hacking.

Happiness ensues!

P.