gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:32:42 +0930

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:03:30 -0300
"VICTOR TARABOLA CORTIANO" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > can you give an example? I'm interested to see them.
> >

> It's been a long time I don't use Debian, but, if I remember
> correctly, the emacs and tar manuals were messed up. Don't
> know for sure, sorry. If you have acess to a Debian machine,
> type man something, and you'll eventually come across to what
> I'm trying to describe.

Apparently you don't use gNS either, since we'd have inherited these
issues (either directly for gns3, or indirectly for gns1/2).

> > > Also,  Debian does not include documentation (or includes it
> > > incomplete) for LOTS of GNU software because of the verbatim
> > > parts. gNewSense policies are different.
> >
> > This is a different issue.
> >

> I'm curious to know how you guys are going to handle this issue :)

Either by pulling in the 'non-free' documentation from debians non-free
repo, or by repacking the app so the doco isn't removed to start with.

> > Are you talking about debian specific documentation, or
> > documentation for programs shipped in debian, or some other
> > documentation?
> >

> Programs shipped in Debian that are modified by the packagers, I
> guess.

if doco has to be changed to reflect (eg) updated paths, i find it
rather unreasonable to blame the debian packagers for making the change.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au