gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] Forum

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Forum
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:40:46 +0000

On 1 November 2010 00:23, Daniel Lemke <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've been doing some research on the subject and I'd like to know what are
> your current thoughts and position is on a forum for gNewSense based on punBB
> or phpBB? I think a forum based on punBB, due to be a faster and cleaner
> codebase according to my research, would be a good addition to communication
> with users. Some people may not want to use a mailing list or IRC.
>
> I already have some notes on the subject, however before I continue my
> research I would just like to know if a forum is interest of the community.

PunBB may be faster and cleaner but i haven't found that many who use
it. phpBB isn't such a pleasant interface but there are many forums
that have been using it without problems for some time. Although
slower it does seem reliable.

SMF i have found to be the best and has numerous themes which could be
added to give the gNS touch.

My twopence worth

james