gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] switching from ubuntu to gNewSense

From: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] switching from ubuntu to gNewSense
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:53:37 +0100

Il giorno mercoledì 10/11/2010 18:00:11 CET
address@hidden ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using ubuntu lenny and i'd like to switch to gNewSense.

At this moment the stable gNewSense release is 2.3, which is Ubuntu 8.04
based. The next gNewSense release (still under developement) will be
Debian (squeeze?) based.

> I have
> no CD-drive (Is this English?) and booting from USB-stick just
> doesn't.

If you had been able to boot from USB-stich, you could try downloading
the gNewSense 2.3 live iso file:
http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-livecd-deltah-i386-2.3.iso
and (easily) create a bootable USB image using this nice tool
(which works with all the FSF-endorsed Free Software GNU/Linux
Distributions, such as gNewSense, UTUTO, Dynebolic, Musix GNU+Linux,
BLAG and GNUstep):
http://aligunduz.org/FUSBi/

Regards
al3xu5 / dotcommon