gnewsense-users

[gNewSense-users] On using wifi on Yeelong 8089 with Parkes

From: YAMAMOTO Kentaro
Subject: [gNewSense-users] On using wifi on Yeelong 8089 with Parkes
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 23:25:42 +0900

Hello everyone,

I installed Parkes on my Yeelong 8089 following the instruction on the
wiki (GNewSenseToMIPS).  I boot it by PMON boot.cfg file (thus not
using the initial ram disk).

I'm having trouble getting the wifi to work.  Since Network Manager
was not available in the panel of GNOME, I installed the packages
network-manager and network-manager-gnome.  By using nm-applet, I can
configure wired connection but I cannot use wifi with it.

The LED indicator of wifi on the left front of the laptop is not lit.
The RealTek device for wifi shows up in the output of lsusb.

`sudo ifup wlan0' does not work; it aborts with an error.

I am grateful if you could help me solve this problem.

Regards,
--
YAMAMOTO Kentaro