changing the TPOA

From: Dhillon Andrew
Subject: changing the TPOA
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:33:47 +0800

Is there a way to use gnokii --sendsms to change the TPOA number from the
air modem's phone number to something else ? Maybe a text string? I've been
looking around online and there are a fair number of applications out there
that can 'spoof' the TPOA and allows the user to set it to something else...
I'm just wondering how I would accomplish this ... not for anything
malicious, it's just that I want to be able to send out a message and not
worry about people stupidly trying to call the number or send a reply SMS...

Regards,
D.