RE: controling a 6110 with a pic16f84

From: Jens Bennfors
Subject: RE: controling a 6110 with a pic16f84
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:14:09 +0200

I'm controlling a couple of Nokia phones with a PIC16C505 so it's
definetly possible. You just have to learn the protocol. I'm using MBUS
which I think is the most suitable for a microcontroller. One of my
biggets problems was lack of memory so I wrote my program in assembler.
I don't have a lot of different commands sent to the phone, but still
the memory doesn't seem to be enough. You have twice as much in 16F84 (I
think...) but then you probably have a couple of more commands to send
than me. Can't you use a bigger one, like 16F877 or something.

The protocol you can find in the gnokii documentation...

Regards
/ j e n s