Re: gnokii + nokia 8310 via IRDA = GPRS over WAP --> any success so fa

From: Hans Neukomm
Subject: Re: gnokii + nokia 8310 via IRDA = GPRS over WAP --> any success so far ???
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:32:52 +0800

may be there is a mis-understanding from my side regarding what i need to use
and how to establish a connection using said hardware.

i am working on it today and let you know any progress or problems.

i am NOT at all a computer professinal - just a full time iuntense user - ...

hans

-----------------------------

On Monday 04 November 2002 02:28, ALESSANDRO.SUARDI wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Cannot give advice on your exact configuration but on my Toshiba
> > notebook I have to use the toshoboe.o module for IR.
> > Anthony
>
> I actually find confusing what Hans is trying to accomplish.
>
> This message gets to you through a PPP over IrDA link using GPRS on a Nokia
6310;
>  gnokii isn't involved at all with this. WAP isn't either.
>
> If you're simply trying to do what I am doing, please check Jean Tourhilles
page about
>  IrDA - that's the first debugging place you want to see. If you can see
your IR adapter
>  I may then provide you help with the PPP scripts that manage GPRS
connections.

> > On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Hans Neukomm wrote:
> > > Subject: gnokii + nokia 8310  via IRDA = GPRS over WAP  --> any success
> > >     so far ???
> > >
> > > hi all
> > >
> > > since months i try every once in a while again and again - hours or half
days
> > > - downloading and searching for NEWEST online info and drivers - so far
ZERO
> > > success ...
> > >
> > > 1. to get IR running on my linux with Toshiba satellite pro 6000 ( using
all
> > > the available info and drivers !!! - no success so far - i can't even
get my
> > > linux box to recognize any other IR signal ...
>
> --alessandro

The Cyberspace Ashram is a ONE man full time operation and ALL services -
including THIS e-Mail are financed by YOUR honest contribution only.

For any personal questions always COME HERE or call my Cell phone
IDD: 0063 - 919 - 297 84 05

For truly spiritual questions - please ALWAYS use the Spiritual FAQ Forum or
come for a personal visit here to the Philippines.

God bless you

Hans

Author / Webmaster / Owner
Cyberspace Ashram