Re: Nokia Bluetooth

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia Bluetooth
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:16:12 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Chris Hubball wrote:

> I have a 6310i and want to be able to sync the calendar via Bluetooth.
> I can open up a virtual serial connection to it, but I can only do the
> simpliest of operation with AT commands.

Yep. And gnokii offers you interface for it.

> I guess I somehow need to enable one of the Nokia custom protocol
> mbus/fbus?  Looking at the gnokii source, the code appears to start FBUS
> over the virtual serial port, but when I send "AT*nokiafbus" to the
> phone it returns "ERROR".

Correct. AT*NOKIAFBUS does not work with Bluetooth connection with 6310
(it does with 6210 though). Unfortunately we don't know how to switch the
connection to the FBUS mode. I tried to see what is being done under
Windows, but unfortunately I didn't manage to set up Bluetooth connection
under XP.

> Any suggestions are most welcome.  I work for a Bluetooth company, so if
> you need any help in that area, let me know.

Cool. We can give the Bluetooth support another good tester :-)