Trouble connecting to phone

From: Paulo Leal
Subject: Trouble connecting to phone
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:25:22 -0000

Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me with this problem.

I am finding it difficult for gnokii to talk to the phone,
I am using a Nokia 8310 with the data cable, to my
knowledge its the dau9p cable and I have tried
serial one (ttyS0) and two (ttyS1) and so far I haven't
had any luck, are there any special settings I need to
change to???

I have changed the user properties on the COM ports
to the gnokii group and read and write permissions

/usr/local/sbin and /var/lock as also been changed
for the gnokii group

I have added the file .gnokiirc to the root directory
of the user name, with the following options:

port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 6510
initlengh = default
connection = dau9p