Problem (and possible fix) for FBus/5190 with --smsreader

From: Keary Griffin
Subject: Problem (and possible fix) for FBus/5190 with --smsreader
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:29:58 -0500

I was having a problem with gnokii0.5.0rc1 (the first version I have tried) with --smsreader.

As soon as the phone received an SMS I would end up with error messages such as FBUF: Message buffer overun, and lots of retries.

What seemed to be happening is that when the phone received the SMS, it would send a message type 0x02 to gnokii, which would then attempt to retrieve the SMS. The problem is the 5190 would immediately also send two messages of type 0x0d while gnokii was trying to receive the response to the "get" SMS message. This seemed to confuse gnokii.

I think what was happening is fbus_rx_statemachine was being re-entered (it would dispatch the incoming SMS messages which would then send another message and expect a reply, which would end up in fbus_rx_statemachine again)

I was able to fix the problem by moving the line i->state = FBUS_RX_Sync right after the check to see if the last byte of the frame had been received, instead of at the end. (So when the routine got re-entered it would be starting fresh, instead of trying to pack the data at the end of the already received frame)

Does this fix make sense or do you think I have some larger problem that I am somehow masking?

Keary