gnokii 0.5.0rc2

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii 0.5.0rc2
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:59:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

0.5.0 is getting delayed mainly due to my lack of the time (I'm moving to
the new apartment with no Internet access yet).

In the meantime I released rc2 release which should fix most of the
compilation problems. Also few minor tweaks are resolved.

Few better news:
 - we are really close to the release (see below)
 - I managed to connect Nokia 3650 over Bluetooth with gnokii and AT
driver

Things to do:
 - ladis needs some fixes in the statemachine
 - there are problems with the header files: we use HAVE_BLUETOOTH in the
gnokii/data.h and it is defined just in config.h which is not installed
with other files; my current idea to solve this it to prepare 2 headers:
gnokii/data-nobluez.h and gnokii/data-bluez.h and make configure copy the
correct one to gnokii/data.h. Does it make sense?
 - how to make the includes portable? so it worked on all supported oses.

Interesting links:

Nice HOWTO by Przemek Frasunek on connecting Nokia 7650 to Linux over
Bluetooth link. The description fits also to Nokia 3650.
http://www.frasunek.com/HOWTO-Nokia7650-Bluetooth.txt

Did anyone succeded to connect these phones to Linux over IrDA link?
Apparently the phone starts ppp session when trying to connect, but dunno
yet what to do with it.

As the bonus you may want to try a logo application written by Igor Popik
that is the first external application that uses libgnokii:
http://tfuj.pl/glogo-0.1.1.tar.gz