Re: support for binary sms in smsd

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: support for binary sms in smsd
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:25:05 +0200

>>> address@hidden 8 April 2003 14:03:03 >>>
> Now I working on support for binary sms's in smsd. I have working
support
> for some types in my source tree, but I will commit it to cvs after
release
> of the version 5.0 of gnokii. There are too many changes in smsd and
there
> isn't time to test it before next stable release. But I'm confusing
about
> types of binary sms's which gnokii supports. In source I found:
> StartupLogo
> CallerLogo
> OperatorLogo
> These are Nokia nol, ngg files. Ok?

Yup.

> What is PictureMessage? This is picture message which can I found
> in templates in my 6210?

Yup.

> Are the any limitation in size of picture or
> attached text? Is this Nokia specific?

Yes, they have limited size. I can't say what's the limit at the
moment.
I'll check this out and will let you know. Yes, picture messages are
Nokia specific (Smart Messaging Specification 3.0 describes them).
Donwloadable profiles are the same kind of the message.

> What about these:
> EMSPicture:
> EMSAnimation:
> EMSAnimation2:
> Are these supported by Nokia's phones? I know that Sony-Ericsson
phones
> support it. What about limits?

I think Nokia phones do not support them. EMS are described in some
public (?) specification.

There are also MMS.