smsd timeout

From: cits
Subject: smsd timeout
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:53:23 +0200

Hallo!
I am using smsd (version smsd - version 1.1-cvs         (20030209), gnokii
0.5.2) with an 5110.
Everything is fine, but I want to handle link falure (eg: warn message in log
files, report email to admin)
When I try to disconnect the cable to simulate link failure smsd doesn't say
anything in the log file.

How can I do?

I start smsd with:
smsd -umyuser -pmypass -dsms -mmysql -f/tmp/smsd.log &

I tried editing the smsd.c and I changed  GetSMS the line

//----------------------------------
pthread_cond_wait (&smsCond, &smsMutex);
//----------------------------------

with:
//----------------------------------
timeout.tv_sec  = now + TIMEOUT_SECS;
timeout.tv_nsec = 0;
status=0;

status = pthread_cond_timedwait (&smsCond, &smsMutex, &timeout);
if (status == ETIMEDOUT)
  {//if timeout an error occurred
  LogFile (_("TIMEOUT, status:%d!!!\n"),status);
  }

this gives "timeout!!!" every TIMEOUT_SECS even if there isn't any problem.
How can I check the link status?

Massimo