Re: Nokia 6610 doesn't work

From: Jorge Van Hemelryck
Subject: Re: Nokia 6610 doesn't work
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:06:30 +0200

FWIW, I've managed to make a 6610 work both with pppd to make an ISP
connection, and with gnokii in order to save my SMS messages. I've used a
serial port - infrared adapter (the Actisys IR-220L+ dongle). Maybe you
could read the Infrared-HOWTO, if you haven't done so yet, and then just
try and communicate with the phone with a terminal program such as
minicom, that way you can set up and test the link between the phone and
the computer.

--
Jorge Van Hemelryck