Compiling from CVS

From: Stephen Baillie
Subject: Compiling from CVS
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:01:31 +1000

> If you install the following packages you will be able to compile a
> cvs version. After you managed to generate the configure script, you
> can remove these packages.

Thanks!  I installed gettext, automake and autoconf (evidently they do
have the same names under SuSE as RedHat), and ./autogen.sh was then
happy.  However, I'm still getting an error when I try to compile:

        gmake -C po
        gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/game/gnokii/po'
        Makefile:15: *** missing separator.  Stop.
        gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/game/gnokii/po'
        gmake: *** [po] Error 2

The offending section of po/Makefile:

        PACKAGE = gnokii
        VERSION = 0.5.2

        SHELL = /bin/sh
        @SET_MAKE@

        srcdir = .
        top_srcdir = ..
        top_builddir = ..

Line 15 is the @SET_MAKE@ line.

I've probably missed something obvious, and would appreciate being told
what!  Alternatively, what does that line look like in a healthy Makefile?

Thanks,

Steve.