Re: gnokii 0.5.5 new requiredments to compile?

From: Papa San
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.5.5 new requiredments to compile?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:06:47 +0200

Pawel Kot wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by out-of-the-box here.
That's how I call it when it just compiles without me fidling in the sourcecode with things I don't understand. :-)

You did some upgrade of your autotools.
no change on the machine since I compiled 0.5.2 and some pre 0.5.3 CSV

Grab iconv.m4 from somewhere. Example is in the attachment. I'll add all sed
*.m4 files to the tarball in the next release.

I found something called libiconv-1.9.1.tar.gz. I will try to install that on monday. Could that help/be related to what goes wrong?

Check manually for iconv() and CODESET definition please. What you could

do else it make clean ; make and see if it works.
would it hurt if I would make HAVE_ICONV false?. I only use smsd and whatever smsd calls in gnokii.

What is your OS?
redhat 6.2  (yes that's old, so am I nothing wrong with that :-) )

pkot
Papa

--
Best regards,

Papa

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on
a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert
Einstein