Re: gnokiid-0.5.4 problems - 5110

From: Jon Wikne
Subject: Re: gnokiid-0.5.4 problems - 5110
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:21:57 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

BORBELY Zoltan <address@hidden> wrote:

> This patch will try to set the
> retransmission timeout correctly, please apply and test it

OK, done.

The results this time were confusing, to say the least.

1) A complete pppd connection was never established.

2) At one occasion, I got as far as "CONNECT" and "Serial
   connection established".

3) At another occasion, gnokiid hung persistently, attempting
   to redial rather than abort. Also, the _phone_ was locked
   in such a way that even after killing gnokiid manually,
   it took no orders from the local keyboard. I had to remove
   the battery. Fortunately, no permanent damage seems to have
   occurred.

4) At one occasion, the session aborted before the receiving
   system answered, the display on the phone stating "Terminal
   connection lost".

I believe that no two sessions with this version behaved
quite identically with respect to how and at what stage in
the process things were messed up. Unfortunately, I do not have
logs for the two interesting cases 2) and 3) above, since I
(optimistic as always ;-) did the first attempts without the
debug options enabled. The shortest log I include here is
the one from case 4).

I put the logs in the same place as before, i.e.
http://puma.uio.no/jon/gnokii/

Previously I asked the list whether anybody at all had got
gnokiid to work with the 5110 or 6110 beyond version 0.3.3.
That question seems to remain unanswered....

Cheers,
-- Jon