Re: Nokia 6150 and success ???

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia 6150 and success ???
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:26:18 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:23:23PM +0100, Kitchener, Steve wrote:
> I am trying to get my nokia 6150 to work but I cannot get connected, I can
> see the detail of the communications with the dump utility that comes with
> gnokii, but it appears that there is no two way communication.

Please be more specific. Which version of gnokii are you using? What
is it mean you can see the communication but doesn't work? Is
gnokii --identify working?

> Does/has anyone got the 6150 to work with gnokii? or can anyone suggest what
> I might be doing wrong - if more details are required I can supply.

The 6110/6150 support is quite robust, if everything is ok it have to
work. Please try to describe exactly what is working and what's not.
Pleae compile a debug version (add the --enable-debug flag to configure)
and send us the result. Use the latest cvs (or stable) version is
possible. If you are using the cvs version (preferred) read the INSTALL
file. Compiling the cvs version requires extra tools on your system (e.g.
autoconf).

Bye,
Bozo